I list ideas for writing on my phone and eventually categories or patterns emerge. Here’s a list of lines said either directly to me or overheard while playing poker…
- He quit the CIA to become a singer, but I don’t know why.
- I have two ex-wives and my girlfriend is a psychopath.
- Well, it’s not that fancy shit that’ll give hangovers. (Bud Light vs. Micro)
- You’re the prettiest girl I’ve seen, in the last 3 minutes. (ouch!)
- Like sheep ready for slaughter. (standing in line to register for tourney)
- He went and find it. (cell phone left at another table; why a player was gone from seat)
- Where’s the house doctor? My ear hurts. (older gent complaining about a woman who wouldn’t shut up)
- When I feel horny I get hot. (Lady about 70-ish to three 20-somethings playing at same table).
- You three give me damage! I want bruises! (same old lady; her VERY direct pick-up line to have sex)
- He’s Elvis
- He’s feeling lucky Punk!
- Look up and say “wow” (I did) and guy said “thank you, I needed that.”
Poker can have some juicy conversations, especially in cash games. I’ll update periodically and repost.