I list ideas for writing on my phone and eventually categories or patterns emerge. Here’s a list of lines said either directly to me or overheard while playing poker…
- He quit the CIA to become a singer, but I don’t know why.
- I have two ex-wives and my girlfriend is a psychopath.
- Well, it’s not that fancy shit that’ll give hangovers. (Bud Light vs. Micro)
- You’re the prettiest girl I’ve seen (long pause), in the last 3 minutes. (really? ouch!)
- Like sheep ready for slaughter. (standing in line to register for tourney)
- He went and find it. (cell phone left at another table; why a player was gone from seat)
- Where’s the house doctor? My ear hurts. (older gent complaining about a woman who wouldn’t shut up)
- When I feel horny I get hot. (Lady about 70-ish to three 20-somethings playing at same table).
- You three give me damage! I want bruises! (same old lady; her VERY direct pick-up line to have sex)
- He’s Elvis
- Are you feeling lucky punk?
- Look up and say “wow” (I did) and guy said “thank you, I needed that.”
- Waitress: Can I get you anything? Player: Can I get a 6ft blonde? Waitress: You can, how much do you have?
- Player to the dealer: What are you doing rushing the players off? Your job is to deal, don’t worry about the players!! Dealer to the other player: Sir, did you want a hand?
- Nobody’s listening and nobody cares. How many times have you been told? Yet you still keep on anyway.
- Lettuce foul.
- That’s one too many elephant jokes. You’re cut off.
Poker can have some interesting or juicy comments, especially in cash games. This list is as of July 19, 2015. I’ll update periodically and repost.